So recently I made some stamps and Ruby and I had fun stamping all over the show one rainy afternoon. When I had a few spare minutes later that week I made this:
I started with some calico, and one of my homemade el cheapo stamps. I didn't want to waste my fabric paint (Opaque Setacolor) so I painted the stamp with a brush rather than using some sort of inkpad, which would have soaked up a lot more of the paint. This meant the effect I got was a bit patchy and you can kind of see the brush strokes (most obvious in the photo of it drying, below - they're not as obvious in the finished product). My husband thought I needed to touch it up, to make it look perfect, but as it's my first attempt I'm not too bothered by it. It's a gift for a sibling - I doubt they'll send it back with a note saying "touch up the print, darling".
I was going to embroider the bunting rope, but decided against it after doing a test run.