Thursday 29 September 2011

Patience - or lack thereof

I am not a patient person.  I am especially not so patient when I haven't had much sleep, which is the state I find myself in today.  My current patience sapper is oilcloth and lamintated cotton.  I've been beavering away getting things ready for the Titirangi Mum's Craft market next weekend and have been (trying) to make some great things out of the oilcloth and laminated cotton I got a few months ago.  I'm afraid the frustration level whilst working with said material is just too much for me so I don't think I'll be getting any more of it.  In some ways this is a shame because the cases made out of the black lace oilcloth look great.


And what a stylish way to store and change a nappy while out and about, what baby wouldn't look good kicking back on this change mat: 



When Mila died a significant chunk of my memory died with her.  So along with the lack of patience I forgot exactly how I make my change mats (even though it's only been a couple of weeks since I made the last one) which led to quite a bit of unpicking, as well as mucho (say that in a Spanish accent, it's not a typo) cursing at the slipperyness of the laminated cotton.  My memory is such that sometimes I put a flannel layer into the change mats and sometimes I don't.  I originally couldn't make up my mind as to whether the extra padding the flannel provides is nice or if it just adds too much bulk.  I've decided it adds too much bulk so hopefully I will forget to add the flannel next time.  Or rather, hopefully I won't forget that I came to the conclusion that it adds too much bulk.

This is the first one I've made out of the laminated cotton, the others have been made with vinyl, which didn't invoke quite so much cursing.  The change mat fits inside the nappy wallet, along with some travel wipes and a couple of nappies, and (provided it doesn't sell beforehand) will be for sale at the Titirangi Mums Craft Market next weekend.

Sorry about the photos in this post, I've had to resort to the camera on my phone as our camera has spit the dummy and decided it can only take photos like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...